Thursday, 19 April 2018

Reflection


I think that during my time at East 15, I have learned to strip away all the "acting" in my performances. I feel like my performances have become much more natural and believable. I have stopped pushing the emotion and trying too hard, this has allowed me to relax more on stage and truly experience the emotions and thought process of a character. This will help me a lot, especially when acting for camera, as my acting is much more subtle and honest than it was before. I have done this through being able to see what is going in through a first person perspective rather than a third person perspective. I feel like I used to try too hard to put on the character and work on their mannerisms/physicality/voice too much before rather than focusing on how I say the lines and the emotion/truth/motivation behind what I'm saying.

I feel like I am able to approach my work in a variety of ways now. I will be able to take on a speech/character in greater detail. By experimenting with ways of performing, I can analyse my performances to see what was effective and how I can improve. I have learned how to work under high pressured/tiring circumstances which has allowed me to see the real world of acting. I have also learned how to find depth to a character through detailed character research and researching the world of the play to see why they act the way they do and how the given circumstances affect them.

I’ve become more creative in my ideas and have realised that creating my own work with others is very important in the world of theatre, not just being able to act well. It’s made me realise that this is what I may want to go into. I’ve also had fun in story telling/ physical theatre and think that these are great ways to produce work, both creating and watching.

One of the most important things I’ve learned is that is that acting requires maturity and focus at all times as well as having fun. This is difficult for me as I tend to day dream and I’m not always fully present. This made me realise a year out might be useful in order to dee the world more before full time training.

No comments:

Post a Comment