We were told to get into groups of three, walk to Leigh-On-Sea and do an activity such as going to the pub. We had to explore the five senses and write down what we noticed on the way. We then had to work out a way to present our journey to the class, focusing on our five senses. It was a very long walk down there, however there were lovely views and it was a nice, quiet area which made the journey rather pleasant. When we arrived, we went to a pub called 'Ye Olde Smack' where I had garlic bread and cider.
When I rived home, I made a mind-map of the senses we noted on the way, such as the smell of fish and chips, the feel of the cold breeze and the taste of the warm garlic bread. We tried to think of interesting ways to present this, we considered performing a sketch based around an interview or a 'good cop/ bad cop' police interrogation.' However, we dismissed these ideas and decided to write a comedic rhyming poem. We each wrote a few lines and we chose the best ones to go into the piece. In class, we were told to make our presentation more short and snappy in order to make it powerful. This meant we decided to present out trip in the form of a slam poem which was successful as it was snappy, informative and comedic.
Overall, I think this trip was successful because it helped me explore the idea of the five senses in greater detail. This was great as it helped me really think about a location or setting and how this affects my mood and attitude towards something, someone or somewhere. I can use this in my performances as I will be able to visualize a setting in great detail and imagine I'm there. I can also think about my relationships to my environment and how this makes my character feel. I am now able to think about the world of the play in more detail and depth which will help improve my performances.
No comments:
Post a Comment